If you think you may have been the victim of discrimination our free advice service, provided by Suffolk Law Service may be able to help you. On the second Monday of the month they deliver an advice session for NCLS at our office in Norwich. Please contact us for further information and to arrange a referral.
What is Discrimination?
Discrimination is when someone…
- is treated worse than others because of who they are
- is harassed because of who they are
- is subject to unnecessary rules and ways of doing things that put them and people like them at a disadvantage
- is punished for complaining about discrimination
- fails to make a reasonable adjustment for a person’s disability
Under the Equality Act 2010 it is illegal to discriminate against someone in certain circumstances due to the following ‘protected characteristics’
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation