We are a registered charity dedicated to providing access to justice and equality in Norfolk.
We target our services at individuals and groups, particularly those who cannot afford access to justice and representation. This includes, for example, those with long term physical and/or mental ill-health, physical and sensory disabilities and/or learning difficulties, offenders, ex-offenders, migrant workers and others who are disadvantaged. The advice we offer is non-discriminatory and confidential.
We provide the following services which are all free, independent and confidential. Please click on the links for more information and contact details.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND OUR WELFARE BENEFIT SERVICE IS CURRRENTLY CLOSED TO NEW CLIENTS.
- Free Legal Advice 15 minutes free initial telephone advice with a solicitor on Employment, Family* or General (civil) law matters.
- Debt Advice for vulnerable people and those with complex needs
- Welfare Benefits Advice and representation at Tribunal
- Legal Advice for Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Immigration Advice on residence in the UK and help with Home Office applications. We can also offer help with challenging Welfare Benefits Habitual Residence decisions.
Help For Ukrainians
The UK Government has announced concessions to allow Ukrainians to join family members in the UK. These applications are free of charge. NCLS are offering priority advice for these applications and will guide you through the whole process.
- Family Court Support for private law child contact matters
- Rent Arrears Mediation for Norwich City Council (NCC) housing tenants. This service is accessed by referral from NCC only
Interpreters are available for all our services by arrangement.
Click on our Impact Report below to read about the work we did in 2022/23.
Please note NCLS is not responsible for the content of external sites directed to from our webpage.
Free Legal Advice client
“Excellent service, so pleased I came to see you. Service, advice and staff all so useful and you’ve helped me massively. Thank you.”
Welfare Rights client
“Very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the help you gave me. The support was invaluable to me at a time when I felt unable to support myself with my appeal. “
Family Court Support Service Client
“I was so worried about things alone and felt amazed when I was approached at Court. Couldn’t have wished for anything better. Thank you”
“Yes a big thank you to all of the team at NCLS for your help I feel like a weight has been lifted. Thank you!”
Migrant Worker Client
“A great service that is easy to access and very valuable advice in complex legal situation that also changes regularly. Person delivered service much appreciated.”