All our services are free, independent and confidential. They include:
- Free Legal Advice 15 minutes free initial advice with a solicitor on Employment, Family or General (civil) law matters.
- Debt Advice for vulnerable people and those with complex needs
- Welfare Benefits Advice and representation at Tribunal
- Legal Advice for Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Immigration Advice on residence in the UK and help with Home Office applications. We can also offer help with challenging Welfare Benefits Habitual Residence decisions.
Help For Ukrainians
The UK Government has announced concessions to allow Ukrainians to join family members in the UK. These applications are free of charge. NCLS are offering priority advice for these applications and will guide you through the whole process.
- Family Court Support for private law child contact matters
- Rent Arrears Mediation for Norwich City Council (NCC) housing tenants. This service is accessed by referral from NCC only
Interpreters for all our services are available by arrangement.
If you come to us for advice we will need to collect information about you and your situation. This information is confidential and will not be passed to anyone outside NCLS without your permission, unless we are required to do so by our Safeguarding Policy. To read our Privacy Notice giving more information on how we hold your data please click here.
The work we do is supported by UEA Law Student volunteers. We may ask you if a student can sit in on your interview with a solicitor or adviser. Student volunteers may also get involved with research or other activities to help your case, or deal with appointment booking.
If at any time you would prefer for a student not to be involved in your case or interview please just let us know – this will in no way affect your entitlement to or the quality of the service you receive from us.